Monday, September 13, 2004

New Job

Well, tonight's my first night at Starbucks.

Today, my boss at the job I'm quitting tried to trick me into staying another 2 weeks... this guy is unbelievable! And he didn't even offer me anything to stay... he tried a GUILT TRIP instead! At the last job I gave two week notice, they gave me an extra $200 to stay another week. This guy told me that because he's "letting" me adjust my schedule to train at the new place, I should help him out by staying an extra two weeks, maybe more...

UH... NOOOOOOOOO!

I have been doing my best to put his needs ahead of my own in every instance, and the guy just keeps pushing for every ounce of value that he can get. It's like if your cell phone carrier was to say "You know, we've been really great to you by not having all your calls dropped, and we did give you that free caller I.D., so we want you to sign on for another 5 years..."

Argh.
I am not going to let this ruin my day...

Lord, grant me the grace to accept the things I cannot change, the strength to change the things I can, and the wisdom to bury Bob in a place where noone will find him.

1 comment:

Ryan Wallace said...

And all God's people said AMEN.