WOW!
I had a good day!!!
I really wasn't expecting it. I had to change my schedule again to acomodate Starbucks, and I thought Bob would pitch a hissy fit. But he didn't.
I was able to spend some time in the Word this morning, and I read through some of 1st Peter which deals mostly with trials and hard times, and it really helped me gain perspective on the whole situation, and what I need to do, and what my mindset needs to be. One verse that spoke to me today was Chapter 2 verse 18 which is "Servants, be subject to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle, but also to the unjust." I'm pretty sure that Bob falls into the second catagory, but the neat/awful thing about God is that we're judged not on how others act, but on how we act, and that really made me realize that Bob can be a jerk... he'll have to answer for that someday... but I'll have to answer for how I've acted. If I've been kind and forgiving, I won't regret my actions, but if I give in to my personal vindication, I don't think I'll be so proud, or look so good. Excuses don't work with the big guy, and I need to practice what I preach...
Anyway, Sarah and I are doing well, and expect to have a peaceful evening home tonight. I think that we're planning on seeing "Sky Captain & The World Of Tomorrow" at some point this week. We really want to see "Hero" but we have free tickets to Sky Captain.
I'll write more later... Thanks for checking in!
Jim
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment