I just love starting sentences like that again!!!
Today went great. I met my goal for tips at $5 an hour. I worked from 6-3:45 with a half hour lunch, and walked away with $45 in tips. 9 hours... Exactly $5 an hour. I work tomorrow night, and will see what that is like. Less car driving, and more carrying bags up to rooms. In the end, I'm going to stick to mornings, but for training purposes, it makes sense to work with the night crew.
My biggest tip was $10, from the snooty driver of a BMW SUV. I complimented the performance of his car, which made him pretty happy. Apparently, he has no idea that my opinion of cars holds little to no weight. On that note, my favorite vehicle of the day was the Subaru Tribeca. It was incredible. I looked it up online, and it's fairly pricey, but a really classy and powerful ride. Better response than the BMWs I drove around... Anyway.
When I got home, Sarah and I had received a gift in the mail from some friends of ours who felt that God wanted them to send us some support. It was a huge boost to our day, and reminded us that God doesn't have a giving quota that we can max out. He just keeps using the people and circumstances in our lives to amaze us. The loans and gifts from friends we love, trust and support from our wonderful parents... the State Farm agents reversing the insurance catastrophe from last month... to quote the Beatles, "it's all too much."
In other news, Sarah is doing great as far as her pregnancy is concerned. Her weight is where it should be, and she's been eating well. No getting sick lately, and we've been able to get out with some of our new friends too. I'll try to post some more pics soon.
That's it for today. Oh, Jim... I didn't lose anything from the iPod crash that wasn't on the iMac. The mac has about 33 gigs of music, and the iPod only holds 20, so I manually control the content of the little guy, instead of having it sync. And the leather case is cooler than the place I bought it from. Ryan, support me on this. Black leather is the only manly way to protect any technology, am I right? Except, of course, titanium.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Titanium does rock the cassbah, but leather is king.
It's pretty awesome that you get to "test drive" all sorts of cars, too. If you happen to run across that new Nissan Qztzuoms, let me know what the cup-holder capacity is.
Post a Comment