Thursday, March 17, 2005

Putting the "fun" in funeral.

We are now back from Ohia.

Had a great weekend. Saw tons of my family... some of which I hadn't seen in a coon's age.
I haven't seen my cousin Vicki since 1995. It was good to see them all again. Great Grandma was awesome, and so many people loved her. I was honored to read my blog entry from March 10th at the Memorial Service. It ended up being quite the tear-jerker... even for me. I didn't anticipate that, but it was ok. I didn't actually cry, which would've distracted everyone more than anything. The father of one of my childhood friends was my great grandmother's pastor, and he spoke after that. A very moving message... One of my cousins who makes journals, said that what I read off my blog inspired her, and she's going to make me a journal. Apparently, she makes them, including the paper in some cases. She said that the one she's going to make for me will be made out of paper that will be made out of roses from Great Grandma's casket bouquet... Wow. I don't think I could even think that up... what an amazing thing to have that will be. I think I'll make it into a tribute book to GG.

Well, I gotta go for now, but I'll write more later tonight.


Jim

No comments: