Well, I survived the "three shifts in a row" ordeal... and came out of it very happy. During my second shift (yesterday's open at Woodgrove Festival Starbucks) I was made aware that my store manager had nominated me for Partner of the Quarter in my district... and I won!!! Very exciting. I was up against 7 or 8 other baristas, as each store in the district nominates one partner. I hope that this will continue to show the dedication I have been applying to my job, and translate into money when I get my revue later this year. We'll see. I haven't been able to find that magic role that some people manage to find, where the company loves you, AND pays you well. I'm always well loved and underpaid. Maybe I'll start threatening to leave every few weeks... just kidding. One more note about the Partner of the Quarter thing, another shift from my store got it last quarter, so that means we've ruled the roost for half a year! Here's to trying for all 4 quarters!
Last night's shift went well. It was sooooooo slow at the Hinsdale starbucks! I cleaned the back room for an hour or so. It went from looking like this, to looking like this (without the microscopes...). An improvement!
Well, that's it for now. I'm off to work again, but at least it's at 10:30 today, and not an opening shift again.
Jim
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment