Friday, May 19, 2006

Middle of the night.

It's the middle of the night. Or the beginning, depending on one's perspective. Either way. It's 12:30 am.

I went to bed at 7:30, having been up since 3 as usual. I wanted to try to get a full 8 hours, but when I woke up to get a drink about 11:30, Sarah was in bed too, and still awake.

I asked her how she was doing, and she has been having contractions. Not steady yet, but we're getting there. I'm so excited right now, I just can't sleep. I should be trying... if today is the day, we've got alot ahead of us, and being rested will help a ton. I got up and finished a mix cd for Sarah during labor. (They let you bring your own cds...) I will go to work at 4 if nothing is steady, but I'll be ready to run home if she needs me.

In other exciting news... I GOT THE JOB! Pretty awesome. They made me an offer yesterday, which I accepted. I start on the 30th. So just a few more days of being a valet. I'm very excited. All these changes at once... feels, well... feels like normal. I won't be starting in the restaurant like I first believed, instead, I will be starting in the front office/desk area. My least favourite area, but who knows? I may end up loving it. I can't wait to wear a suit to work.

Well, I'm gonna go try sleeping. Before I go, here's the playlist to the cd I made Sarah for labor. If you want a peaceful, but inspiring mix... look no further. I'm real happy with it.

Labor Day (ha ha) mix

1. The Golden Age, by Beck
2. Switching Off, by Elbow
3. Bob Dylan's 49th Beard, by Wilco
4. Gravity, by Vienna Teng
5. The Princess Bride, by Willy DeVille & Mark Knopfler
6. Baby Mine (Dumbo cover), by Allison Kraus
7. Tomorrow, Tomorrow, by Elliot Smith
8. Boadicea, by Enya
9. Bothered, by Over the Rhine
10. Time After Time, by Cindi Lauper
11. Halo Friendly, by Damien Jurado
12. I Didn't Know About You, by Karrin Allyson
13. Miles, by Over the Rhine
14. Lullaby, by Pedro the Lion
15. Rest Easy, by Audio Adrenaline
16. Fade Into You, by Mazzy Star
17. Sleeping In, by the Postal Service
18. Let Down, by Radiohead
19. Tell Me How, by Rosie Thomas

4 comments:

James said...

Well, I got back to sleep, and I'm at work right now. If Sarah needs me, she's going to call...

Just an update.

I'm a little fwxzlsf'ed with all this waiting!

The Miller family said...

hang in there, honey! we are all praying for her and for you. this IS exciting! be blessed in Jesus today. we love you!

mom m

Ryan Wallace said...

Aw heck, be bless OUT of Jesus as well!

Only you, my friend, would make a "labor mix". That's hilarious.

But make sure that if she gets annoyed with the tunage that you kill it, lest a song be ruined. And for the love, please make sure it's low enough that the nurses can hear one another!

You know, if I were giving birth (how may ways is THAT screwed up?), the band I'd play would have to be called "maymxt". ROCK ON, BABY BRAH!!!

Tammy said...

We all eagerly await the coming of Kiah Emmanuel!!!
I am ready for mine to get out as well.hehe
love ya