Feel family-sick today. It's a good thing we get to see them next week. It's been long enough.
To quote the epic band "Left out" from their song "Two girls and a guy":
Her name was Olive,
I loved her like no other woman.
I could tell her anything...
she's my mom.
Miss my family
they're far away from me.
Moved across the country,
hope I make them proud...
His name is Mike,
we are so much alike.
We don't always see eye to eye,
My friend Mike, my dad.
----------------------------------------
I always listen to that song when I'm homesick. I just yell my parents names over the names in the song. It makes me happy.
In other music news, I picked up the new Sun Kil Moon album from the library the other day. It's called Tiny Cities, and is completely made of covers of Modest Mouse songs. For a band to do such an unusual album as their sophomore release is really strange. Sun Kil Moon's "Ghosts of the Great Highway" is one of the best albums I've ever heard, and to listen to all these Modest Mouse songs I love in a totally different style is fantastic. Couldn't be more impressed.
So the other day, Sarah and I were out, and I had to stop at a public restroom. The urinals were painted black. Now, for the ladies in the audience, this won't strike you as strange, but in my vast restroom experience, urinals are ALWAYS white. They aren't iPods. They don't come in a white or black version... It was weird. Like I was in some sort of parallel universe.
Work is going great. I figured it out, and I am averaging $64 a day in tips. That's awesome. It means that in the end, I'm making more than I was at Starbucks. Thanks so much for all your prayers. We're digging ourselves out of this gigantic hole. In news relating to the hole, our phones have been disconnected. We're going to leave them that way. Our contract is up in a day or two, and we've hated being with Verizon, so we're leaving. For the time being, as we pay them off, we will be getting a Vonage account. It's not a cell phone, it's essentially landline through an internet connection, but it will give us unlimited usage to the US and Canada. So Sarah will be able to stay in contact with all our family and friends, and I'll get to stay in contact with all our bill collectors. :)
Well, that's it for today.
Peace
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Chief, you may indeed be homesick from time to time - I know the feeling personally, from my own past. But you and Sarah need to KNOW this: you are
N E V E R left out! ! ! ! You are part of things, even if it's in our thoughts and not in your presence. it's a lot like Jesus being in our lives; we can't literally see Him, but we know His presence within us, and are fully assured of His love. So it is with you and Sar (& Kiah, too)!
"Never give up, never surrender!"
Dad M.
Post a Comment