Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Place of smelly onions

We are headed to Chicago in the morning.
I am really excited. Sarah has been doing nearly all the preparation work for the trip, as I have not been motivated to take care of it. I don't know why. But it's been good. She's had a project, and it's allowed me to focus on working.

We will be flying out of Denver around 7:30, so we need to get there early. When we get to Illinois, we have a full schedule. My family will be arriving from Ohia, and my sister Tammy will be coming with her husband from New York. Sarah's going to be visiting her college to see her former professors, and she has been asked to sit in on an interview they are holding for one of the teaching positions on campus. She used to do that from time to time when she was there, and now she is being asked to do it because they want her input. Pretty cool.

I am excited to see the family, and my best friend Ryan again. It's been too long. He came out at Thanksgiving, but with Sarah sick, and life all topsy-turvey at the time (good thing it's been normal lately... - a joke-) it wasn't that great of a time. This should hopefully be alot better.

The job is going great. I got sized for the new uniforms that we're getting in, and the head of the front office at the hotel sized me for a different uniform than the rest of the bellmen/valets. A not so subtle hint that I'm getting the supervisor job, and soon. I couldn't be happier. It's the only job where I've been paid to wander around and help people. I call it "wandering effectively." If I'm not effective, I don't make any money, so it is kind of like commission.

In other news, we ate Chicago-style Lou Malnotti's pizza last night with our pastor, his wife and sons. It was great. We had a fun time enjoying eachother's company, and playing around with the boys who are still very young. They're named cowboy names which is pretty cool. Wyatt and Zane. I always hear this song that my dad had on a record from his childhood. It had the themesongs to a bunch of old TV shows for kids. Annie Oakley, Howdy Doody, Rin Tin Tin, Mighty Mouse, and Wyatt Earp. I hear that song in my head each time I see the kid. "Wyatt Earp, Wyatt Earp... brave courageous and boooooold! Long live his name, and long live his glory, and long may his story be toooooooold!"

We finally got my W2s from Sbux. About time. Now we can do our taxes. I'm sure they'll be good to us this year.

Let me see. That's it for now. Post away in the comments section. I'll try to write while I'm out there, but if not, see you next week.

Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey jim i left this message on your myspace but i'll drop it here too

happy pi day



oh yeah.... and happy birthday too



or as one of the coaches at my school would say... happy anniversary of you birth

that guy is one yyiitfg man