I'm listening to the new song by Hawthorn Heights called "Ohio is for lovers"... witty title. They need to lose whoever is screaming in the background. Anyway.
I just thought of something about our night downtown and thought I'd share it.
The Tribune Tower downtown Chicago has pieces of other buildings from around the world embedded in it. Yeah! I know! I've seen it dozens of times, and never noticed bricks from the Kremlin, roof tiles from Roman ruins... marble from the Pope's bedroom, a spire from a German castle, tiles from the forbidden city in China, tons of other monuments are stuck in the base of the tower. You can touch them, and read the inscriptions left beside each one. SO COOL! Something that everyone should check out at least once on their trips to Chicago.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Wow, that is so cool. Now I have more than one reason to visit Chicago... rather than seeing my friends!
i want to see that building next time we come, hehe.
love, mom
Cool as it is, the Trib Tower is, of course, the home of the evil Tribune Co. empire.
Cool!!!
Josh and I will have to see that when we come and see you again whenever that may be. hehe
We love you.
Post a Comment