Saturday, November 06, 2004

Wham, Bam, Thank you... M'am.

Ok. I know that at times, when talking on the phone, I cannot be mistaken for Barry White, or Henry Kissenger, or James Earl Jones... I know that on many occassions I have been called "miss" or "M'am" and the like because of the "Softness" of my voice. I have not, however... until tonight... been called "Grandma???"

That's right... GRANDMA.

I called my friend Jack, and his daughter answered. (She is like 18, so don't let her off the hook for her age.) I asked for Jack, and she said "Grandma???" NO! THIS IS NOT A WOMAN! OR AN OLDER WOMAN FOR THAT MATTER! OR YOUR OWN GRANDMOTHER!!! ARGH!

So that's all I have to say about that.

Oh. I'm a lone wolf tonight. Sarah and I were planning to go to the Chicago Humanities Festival this year. She gets in free to everything because of one of her professors, and last year we had a blast. BUT... poverty reared it's ugly head, and we just don't have the money for both of us to go. So we talked about it, and several of her friends from school are going, so we decided that she should go without me. It's really a shame, and I hate to sleep alone, but it's only a night. She'll be staying in a hostile (For those of you who don't know what a hostile is, it's a really bare bones hotel room. European thing...) downtown with a girl from school. I've decided to go out with my best friend Ryan, and a few of our friends. We'll probably end up here at our place afterwards, and then I'll have church in the morning, so I'll be busy.

Today at Starbucks was busy. It's only going to get more so as the Holiday season goes on... Let's hope tips increase.

Well, that's it for now.
Jim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i am really sorry that you didn't get to go to the humanities festival. i know how much you enjoyed it last year. sometimes we just can't do everything we would like to , huh.

i wouldn't call it poverty, though, just a little tight maybe? in Haiti there is poverty. even here in the states some people live in poverty but we do not.

love, mom