In more pressing news, my sister Tammy had her baby yesterday morning. Her name is Eowyn Jeanne. I think I spelled that right. She was only 7 pounds 11 ounces, but she was 20.75" long. Pretty nice sized baby. I'm sure she's adorable, but we haven't been able to see her yet. If you read Tammy's blog, or know her... be sure to send congratulations. Her husbands name is Josh.
The family is pretty excited. My mom is headed out to NY to be with them during the first few weeks, much like Sarah's mom has done with us.
Oh! In other news, I was awarded "Team champion of the month" for May. It's basically "Employee of the month", but has a different name.
It's still an honor, and can't hurt my reputation. I've been doing much better with the employees under me lately. I try not to think of them as "under"... I know that came out wrong. But in this case, you really have to assert yourself, or they'll run all over you. I had to confront someone the other day for the way she spoke to me. I did it privately of course, but since then, she's been friendlier and much more comfortable in our relationship. I just needed to tell her where I stood, and that was that.I've really put my nose to the grindstone, especially in the area of valet/bellmen. I care about them, and I want to make things better. Now I'm in the position to do just that. We have a department meeting for them on Friday, and I'll lay out our new gameplan that I've developed then.
Pardon the dullness of my writing if it has been. I feel as though my artistic, interesting side has really been under strain lately. Probably due to lack of sleep. I will close with this adorable pic of our son. In true colors.

No comments:
Post a Comment