Monday, January 16, 2006

My wife is sick

Late last night, Sarah started showing signs of the flu (Digestive pyrotechniques, as they're known in the business...) and has been sick in bed today. We'd appreciate your prayers as she and the baby fight this off.

There wasn't much I could do today in the line of finding work, with the holiday shutting down some of the prospects I have. I did however, get a promising lead in the graphic design area. A couple from our church both work at Cook Communications, a publishing house here in town, and their business does almost exclusively freelance work. They are actively pursuing getting some business sent my way, and while this doesn't answer the full-time, insurance-wielding job we need, this'll be a way to get money in the bank. (Someone else's of course.) And that will do for now. Exciting to say the least.

Later on, I got a call from an ex-coworker over at the Bucks to say that she has an opening at her other job. It would be sales for the Chicago based cable company Wide Open West. I am considering it. Maybe as a night job to fill in hours.

Anywayz... thats it for now.

Peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like the Lord is bringing some options your way. i pray that you make the wisest choices and that you will be available whent he big one comes thru.

love you,
mom