And how.
This week has flown by. It's been crazy at work, but that's the Christmas season at Starbucks. I've worked a little overtime this week, which is not allowed, but good for our finances. Today was a day from hell at work, but not because it was busy, or because any pipes exploded... no... today's suckiness was caused by just about every barista I worked with today was covering for someone else's shift, or having their shift covered, or covering for the person that should have been covering for somebody that told the person who originally had the shift that they would cover for them, but couldn't because of "finals." (True story)
Ok. A moment for the bozos that act like finals are an act of God. It's like finals are a completely uncontrollable and unexpected booby trap devised by professors to trick them into failing the classes they would naturally ace if it weren't for those crazy FINALS! "Yeah... so I was totally headed for my 4.0 when my prof thought up this crazy thing! A final exam!!! What the heck?"
And what makes these people even more annoying is that most of them are studying to be teachers. TEACHERS! These are girls who have a terribly hard time balancing work and study... and want to have a career totally based around studying. Bright people these people. And there are few people on earth as condescending to homeschoolers as elementary school teachers. When I say that I was homeschooled, they look at me like I've just said that I'm a commie pinko and that God isn't American. By the way, God isn't American. Seriously, they take me not attending a public school as a personal insult. It's like telling a politician that you don't vote.
Anyway... today at work, thirty-leven people changed shifts, which makes it incredibly difficult to figure out when they should take their breaks, where they should work, and what they should be doing. Which is in fact, MY responsibility. It's all very complex. And when I think I've got it all figured out, somebody says something like "I really don't want to work drivethru today... oh, and I'd like to go home 6 hours early... cause I've got finals, which you wouldn't understand you idiot homeschooler."
"Sure."
It just gets old. And I can't just hit them with the Starbucks stick and throw them out the drive thru window... at least I don't think I can. Let me check the handbook.
Ok... I'm done ranting. I'm going to bed. Sarah is such a cool person. She doesn't make my brain cry.
Later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
this reminds me of the monty python's flying circus skit titled "mt gumby visits the brain specialist"
bkeqilzc you too!!!!!!!
is it just me or are the words getting harder?
Can you djhgt?
I can dig it! Ranting is one of the best ways I have found to keep from cutting people's heads off and carrying them around in a camera bag like a sack lunch . . . Seriously, I think people are more affraid of me silent than they are when I am lit up ranting! (At least history has taught me they SHOULD be) LOL
Although I'm not the biggest fan of home schooling, (mainly because I think social development teaches as much in life as books ever do) I have to say I hate few things more than some pumped up gas bag who thinks they know everything and that they are an authority on ANYTHING because they have some (usually meaningless) letters they stick on to the end of their name as a title.
Unless you are an MD, take your self appointed title and go #@$%@ @*&*2 . . . Seriously, okay, after you explain your theory on the latest methods of scientific reasoning and human response to negativity, whould you mind telling me what you do when the "antilock" light comes on in your car and you are driving on dry pavement?
Few things I hate worse than people who think they are better, smarter, more wealthy or just generally "above" somebody else. And many times educators are the worst! And the higher up they go, the worse they get!
Don't get me started! LOL
aww Jim, I'm sure you handled it the best it could possibly be handled. You're such a great shift leader. Even if you were annoyed/frazzled/confused or whatever you were, I'm sure the people who were working were glad you were their fearless leader :)
Our store has been pretty hectic too. I think i may have went into overtime last week covering people's shifts. Today's 4 hour shift turned into a 9 and a half hour shift. that's right, and a half :D
Heres some woodgrove starbucks news to go along with your starbucks rant: Vicki and Jen have both quit. No news on who's going to be our next assisstant manager :/ Katy got engaged! Her ring is blue and gorgeous! Her wedding will be in october. Your till tag now is permantantly on a drop box for the bottom drawer of the register by the pastry case. I'm always so excited to use your box! We have quite a few new people now, and sadly they don't know you :( they're all like, who's jim!?
Jim is our invisible cashier. yes... new people love me. they think i'm tboms.
Post a Comment