Sunday, November 20, 2005

Return

Wow folks... Sorry about the absence.

Updates include a scare for Sarah and I, kind donations, another move, a visit from back home, and new music.

First up, and to asuage your fears... Sarah and I had a scare concerning the baby about a week ago. I was just getting off work, and I got a call from Sar who had some bleeding, and was scared that something was wrong with the baby. As soon as I got off the phone with her, I got a call from one of the guys from church. He was wondering how we were doing, and wanted to know if we needed prayer for anything... how's that for timing? So after I got off the phone with him, I called my parents so they could be praying too. I got home and comforted Sarah for a couple minutes, and then called the doctor on duty. Since it was a Saturday, it was a few minutes after the page before he called back. The doc on duty wasn't Sarah's, but he was able to assess the sitch pretty quickly, and let us know that a little "Spotting" isn't normal, but it isn't unusual either, so unless it got worse, we were ok. He said to have Sarah stay resting, and keep excercise to a minimum for a couple days. The fact that we had just had the sonagram two days prior, and everything was great when we did, was also a good sign. Since then, Sarah has experienced a bit more spotting, but after checking with another doctor on Friday, we are feeling alot better about things. I don't think I'll be totally confident that everything's ok until I see the baby again, and have a doctor right there observing what it looks like... but I have faith that no matter what happens, God is in control, and He will get us through.

On to brighter things. I don't know that I updated you all regarding our apartment situation... ok, so I did... I just checked. Yeah... nothing new to report. We're still looking, and we have till the second. So please keep our housing in your prayers.

On to even brighter things... Today at church, a lady that always says hi and asks how we're doing every Sunday came up and asked if we wanted a crib and a stroller. Pretty cool, so we went over to her house to see them, and they look great! They're used, but in great shape, and she had a portable playpen area too! So we took the playpen and stroller, and we'll get the crib after we move again. The crib is about 4 years old, and is cherry. Gorgeous. God provides in so many ways! We were looking through a Target baby book to see what we wanted to register, and the crib and stroller were both such expensive items. Necessary, but expensive... and now those are out of the way, so we can focus our registry a little differently! Pretty awesome. The portable playpen was an extra, but I'm sure it'll be a welcome one.

To the really exciting news!
Kaitlin, Jessica and Ryan are coming out for Thanksgiving this week!
Kait & Jess are Sarah's sisters, and Ryan is my best friend and their cousin. So we'll be with family this holiday. So nice. Sarah has been pining for family these past few weeks, and will probably attempt to kidnap them. Don't worry though, we'll call them in sick for work for the next few months. (Jessica's work might actually believe us...) They'll be here for a few days, and then head back to Chicago. My manager gave me Thurs. and Fri. off, and since I don't work Sundays, I'll be able to be home for 3 out of the 4 days. I'm planning a roast, since Sarah can't stand any sort of poultry being cooked, eaten, stored or served in any way since her pregnancy began. So one turkey can breathe easier this year. Well... I'm sure it'll get killed anyway. Subway has to make it's money some way...

In new music. I found the 2002 Tom Waits release Blood Money at the library, along with a newer MXPX album called Before Everything & After. I also picked up an album by the Datsuns, a punk band I'm roughly familiar with. Finishing up the pack, and Jim... I refuse to let you read the next sentence. Turn away now!!! Seriously! If you read this, you will disown me... man... I can't bring myself to say it. If you want to know the last album I picked up, and your last name does not start with "Van" email me, and I'll tell you. I have to keep what dignity I still have with Jim alive.

At work, I finally had the opportunity to make nametags for my fellow workers. I love em, and I brought them in yesterday to overwhelming appreciation. Everybody loved them, and so I'll post a few here for your amusement. These tags are not seen by the customer, but instead mark who is on which register... for my fellow Starbuckians, you'll recognize the idea, as you were my first store to make these for. It's hard to find a thing to encapsulate your friends' personalities with... one defining feature that will amuse and not offend... but they seem to be cool with these.






















So there are a few... hope you enjoyed them. I love that pic of Debbie Harry on Tim's card.
I can't believe that CBGB's is closing. I've barely been to NY city... and that was one of the locations on my list... oh well.

Alright everyone. In the future, I'll try to stick to smaller, more frequent posting, instead of binges like this one.

Peace and thank you,
Jim

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear... I pray for your baby more than anything. I know you are letting God to hundle your life. I could do that it even before I became a Christian, so I know how hard core you are doing it. I want to call you sometimes soon.
I remember you were a good cook! I wish I was there to help you out! Have fun with your sisters and Ryan. Please tell them hi from me! Hope they are remembering me!!

Ryan Wallace said...

I love reading Erina's English... I don't mean it as a joke or being mean or anything, it's just further proof that you even completely competent, intelligent humans have difficulty with our stupid and confusing language if they aren't raised on it.

Whoever invented English is a real pjngr.

Ryan Wallace said...

I don't have the slightest clue why I have the word "you" stuffed right in the middle of an otherwise logical sentence.

I'm such a vkckhv-clown.

Anonymous said...

i did not abandon my till tags.... i still have them with me and they all wish they had ones as cool... ted on top rex on bottom...

i'm tempted to e-mail you to learn of the cd in which you last bought... but i odn't know your electronic mailing address. the last one i bought was a beck album from '93 and it is extremely raw and amazing... i jsut want to trgumx when i hear it

Anonymous said...

I had a dream about you last night, so I decided to check your blog, and behold! an update!

My dream: You roller-SKATED (not bladed mind you) all the over the our store (only it really wasn't our store, it was some different store) to tell us that you bought a house! I was roller-skating too. We had to skate down the stairs to get into the lobby of the store. I kind of stood, and rolled down every step, but you were like, No Massa! that's not right! You hopped! and skipped at least three steps at a time! I was looking at you, and i'm like, i'm gonna end up killing myself if i do that! So we got to the bottom of the stairs, and I asked you if you bought a house here. You said no, that you bought it in Colorado still.

Anyways... Your till tags are really cool :) Points for Jim!

You three are all in my prayers! I hope Sarah is feeling better?

(p.s. i have the best word: rubbca! nah nah nah nah nah :P)

Jim said...

Bad music and movies are for geeks! With today's technology, ANYBODY can make and distribute musical recordings. Heck, we've been able to do that since the 80's! I was even in a bad band in the 1980's, but we never played a gig, only recorded and had parties where we would play for the few that showed up. We were NOT a garage band, we were a BASEMENT band! We rocked! Only one of us had ANY music training or skill whatsoever, all other members were pretty much just crazy.

But people didn't BUY OUR MUSIC, you NUT!

Anyway, it is great you will have company for Thanksgiving! I'll tell Steve you said hey, and you'd like first class accomodations for Macworld, for the unveiling of the "iMill" which was inspired by you... Its the size of a credit card, but twice as think. It has a bluetooth cell phone, digital video camera, and complete ibook with G5 at 2 Ghz. When placed on a flat surface, it transmits an infrared keyboard and track pad on the tabletop, and comes with special super lightweight glasses that display the video and desktop screen for the operator's viewing.

Anyway, gotta run for now. Have a great Thanksgiving, you have much to be thankful for.

Happy vgiuzjp!