Thursday, November 03, 2005

"... and I'm BACK IN THE GAME!!!"

Alright!!!

We are now officially ONLINE!


I am so excited. We had the internet hooked up last night, and spent the better part of the last day catching up. I updated all our programs and checked my emails... wow... I missed a few, because, holy shnikies... there were alot.


Sar fiddled around today, and I think she said she had around 150 emails to go through. Amazing how much contact we have nowadays.

Well, now that I am on a personal computer, I can better blog out surroundings to you. Here are several photos of my ride to work every day. The mountain you see in the distance that is bigger than the others is Pikes Peak.






I am working on the western side of town, almost to the Garden of the Gods... speaking of which. Here is a pic I took the other night of my store. Forgive my crappy camera.


So anyway... last Sunday, Sarah and I went to church at the Vinyard that we've been visiting, (and have decided to attend regularly) and then we helped out at a fall/costume party that the church had for the local community. Lots of candy... enough to last us awhile. And that, my friends, is saying something... actually, before the party, Sarah and I went to lunch at the Cracker Barrel (mmm... chicken & dumplins... mmm) and I got this cool picture below of a cloud enveloping a nearby mountain. It was really cool to watch. We're such newbies.


Well, after that, we went over to a friend from church's apartment, and decided that we could do better than where we were. Our apartment, while spacious, is stinky. And not just to super-pregnant-smelling-a-chicken-fry-in-the-
next-county-Sarah... to me too. Several times a day, the place is filled with the smells of cooking (if you want to call it that) and cigarette smoke. But like, nasty, cheap, left-in-your-cup-of-coffee cigarette smoke smell.

Ugh.

And there are alot of issues with the quality of the place. Our lights, and water have had issues... the doorknob sort of came loose and had to be repaired, and it is super noisy because we're right next to the street.

So for all of those reasons, we've decided to... wait for it... wait for it... yup, move.

But this time to a nicer apartment, and with friends who live here, and the ability to actually see the apartment before we move in, I am confident that we will be able to find something much nicer, and possibly considerably cheaper from what I hear. The apartment complex was moved by my "you guys suck" speech, and will not be hitting us up with any crazy fees. So we are looking again.

Lemme see.

Oh, yeah. Note to all Starbucks partners reading this. Do not. I repeat. DO NOT attach a "Grounds for your garden" sticker to your lower lip. This causes one to lose said skin, and bleed profusely all over your environment. Even if one is busy, and your hands are dirty, and you may be "just" looking for a place to keep the sticker, even if only for a second... do not give in. It hurts alot. And you try to figure out a way to get your lip to stop spurting blood from six different open wounds. It ain't easy mister!

Everyone else, ignore the above comment that my uhhh.... friend did.

Peace.
Jim

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

well i plan to keep it in mind next time i am bagging grounds for garden.... grounds for garden drives me nuts..... YARR IT'S DRIVIN' ME NUTS!!!!... sorry i had to.... the other day we bagged up like five bags of grounds and like twenty minutes later some woman came up asking for some grounds and we directed her towards our bucket which councidentally is NOT.... i repeat NOT a garbage can.... though many see it as such it is NOT!.... anywho.... we get to the bucket and all five bags are gone and we were left with notihng to give to this woman....

crazy giant pumpkin growers...

Jim said...

Excellent! Internet! The next best thing to oxygen! Man, you must be relieved!

My fun word verification for the day:
iaiox

Use it in a sentence for five extra bonus points!

Ryan Wallace said...

My word is yuwotxlb.

Isn't that a racial slur??

Glad to have you back in the blog-o-fold. Sorry to hear about the apartment not working out, and Sar's (sars???) uber-senstitive nostril glands.

Sorry I used the word "uber".

Can't wait to visit... coming down to crunch time on my iPod order, since I'm the only inhabitant of my apartment who pays rent... yeah.

Anonymous said...

seeing as how i am the only loser who didn't state my word verification.... i feel the urge to conform

vjdwtd

James said...

Sorry about not having the "Comments" section up for a couple days, that was really iaiox of me.

Ryan, the sars thing was hilarious... but don't be such a yuwotxlb.

Jim said...

Ympyayam everybody!

Hey, I haven't had an Ympyayam in years! This verification thing makes me want to come back and check your blog more and more! Its like some crazy puzzle game for incredibly boring people! Joy! I find myself trying to make words, or make sentences with words made from the letters. I went to tickle.com and tested my IQ this week, confirming I am not a complete idiot, but then there is this side of me that gets great joy from this word verification game thingie . . . So maybe not stupid, just a little crazy? Not sure .. . How is Miss Sarah doing? Still selling Buicks daily?

Anonymous said...

Yippee!! so glad you are back online at home. we love you and like to hear from you more often!
i always get smiles from your posts and the comments. how does the word game work? some of them are def. interesting looking. is there a code or something or are you all just crazy?

love,
mom

Jim said...

Hi Jim's Mom!

Or should I say, tchcjk!

As far as I know, I am jut making fun of the word verification process. I figure, why look at it as a pain when it keeps out the idiot spammers of the world, and why not turn it into something that makes us chuckle?!?

I personally am the master of taking things too seriously many times, and I am trying to do my part to change that in the world. If I can give people a chuckle out of a word verification process, maybe next I'll come up with a way to chuckle when I have to "press 1 for English."

Okay, I doubt if I'll ever laugh at that. Well, here's to everyone having a tchcjk kinda day!

James said...

Thank you Jim.

I couldn't have said it better.

Por Espanol, marke dos.

jtyehsf!!!

Sorry... bless me.

Tammy said...

okay that was just strange but what ever floats your boat.
I just thought that I would say hi and let you know that I am still around and still hopping.
Baby is doing good and will let you know if there is any other exciting news about your future nephew or niece or both later. hehe
Love ya bro