Monday, October 17, 2005

A Jim Blog Classic...

For those of you who occasionally cruise around the archives of this blog, ok... so none of you do that... so in acceptance of that fact, I have decided to post a "Jim Blog Classic" from my first blogger post on July 28th of last year.

The scene, I am not yet working for Starbucks, and I am still in the hell hole known as A Quantum Leap Advertising... (Yes... named after the show... anyway...) Sarah and I had just moved into our Woodridge, IL apartment, and were getting settled. I had been blogging for about 2 months, on the spymac network, which had proved to be fairly unfriendly to my non-macintosh friends. And with that introduction, I give you my younger, less mature, newly blogging self...

"Stress has been building up lately, and with the constant demand on my employer's part for new and "more amazing" designs... I'm running out of steam. And since the "steam" is what I bring to the table, I need to keep it coming or I am not exactly considered useful. All the same, all these thoughts culminated today in the action of my brain farting. Yes, I think that in my overactive, and recently abused imagination, I heard my brain go "Phummph" today around 3:42pm. At first, I thought it might be our neighbors, "The mexicans" who have a giant garden growing in what was meant to be the loading dock of their business. But no, the harsh reality that my brain had just farted was the disgusting, whether real or imagined smell of boiling hotdogs (which for those of you who don't know, is the worst smell ever...) which smelled only slightly less horrible than the skunk that ate burnt popcorn, crawled under our apartment the other night and died in a fiery sulfuric blast. This is merely my interpretation of the smell that started smelling about 11:30 the other night. It stopped reeking around 8:45 that morning. Just enough to deprive us of as much sleep as possible. Later that day, upon arriving home, I went sniffing (literally) around the apartment to find the source of the hideous odor... but to no avail. No skunkish-burnt-popcorn smells to be found.

Oh well..."

And there you have it ladies and gents... the brain-farting, skunk despising post from the past. Hope you enjoyed this rerun. I hope to enter syndication at some point...

1 comment:

James said...

Hmm... a cooking salmon site. I had no idea...