We just had a great night! Very restful sleep... thunderstorms early this morning helped that even more. Although, I had some weird dreams... the last of which I won a piano in a contest, by outsmarting baby Daffy duck and baby Bugs bunny in a maze. The piano was an upright that looked like an oblong blue "church shape" building. The hard part was pushing it through the giant building I was in, to an exit where I was going to try and fit it into the Civic. Apparently, this whole contest was sponsored by a southern televangelist, whose wife was trying to record her incredibly bad music video when I pushed the piano through the room they were in. Her dress had gotten caught in the back and the recording studio audience (that all music videos have... duh!) thought it was very funny. This embarrased the wife of the televangelist, and she ran out of the room. The dream ended with me finally finding the exit of the building, only to discover that the parking lot and outside world was being rampaged by giant mammoths. (Possibly due to me reading the Silmarillion lately.)
Now, on to a weird story... last night I closed Hinsdale with a summer barista named Catherine. We had a decent close and were on our way out, when the alarm got tripped. So sirens blaring, lights flashing, I tried to disable the alarm, to no avail... When the cops showed, all he wanted was my ID, and then he left. Never even spit out his chewing tobacco. Nice guy.
So I ended up on the phone with ADT for the next half hour. Disconnected three times, and I called THEM back! Not THEM calling ME back. If I worked for a security company, and I got disconnected, I'd call the client back... might, by some stretch of the imagination, be a security issue! Anyway, after my third tech support person... pause... TECH SUPPORT!!! (yelled in Tom Cruise voice)... I finally got the alarm disabled. And we drove off our separate ways.
I think that the readership of the blog is increasing, and that's a good thing. I've found myself giving out the address to more people lately. I hope this entertains you, and brightens your day. Establishing that you indeed are not crazy... not if there's someone like me out there.
To the loyal "old school" readers, thanks again for supporting this... uh... project. You rock!
Peace, yo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Your dream was "fascinating", shall we say? In case you may have noticed, we included our blog address in our automatic closing signature on our emails. Maybe you want to expand that way, too! DL
so yeah i've heard many stories of the alarms at the bucks and the best was joel and how some cocky cop showed up and pulled a gun on him... anywho i hear it is loud
so long farewell
Suburban cops should not be allowed to carry guns. The last thing we need is some Barney Fife clown drawing a weapon on some dumbass rich kid for being too stupid to remember their alarm code!
On the other hand...
This has nothing to do with your entry :P I just got a real kick out of the message Hunter left you, and the message you left us. It was awesome :) I MISS YOU! So does Mike the Venti Awake guy. We will miss you together *sob sob*
Post a Comment