Friday, February 18, 2005

Snot, and what little is left in my head

Well, mucus has won. My head is now the official meeting place of snot anonymous.

Honestly though, today went better than expected. After a rough night, my wonderful wife spent the morning nursing me back to a state of quasi-health. I am so thankful for her. I went to work at 11:30 and worked till about 6. Everybody was nice to me, and patient, as I kept running to the back room to sneeze, wash my hands, and return to the front. My manager even let me run out on the clock to get medicine. Nice. After the drugs everything got better. Dayquil is a gift from God himself... or Vicks. One of the two.

Sarah took the day off of school, mainly to help me through the morning, which kind of puts her at a disadvantage because she has to play catch-up now... I wish I could help her with her homework, but I just don't have the insight or ability to do so.

As far as work is concerned, I am now a Shift Manager. I just need the keys to the store and it'll be official. I have everything else I need, and everyone has been showing me a great deal of respect. This has been a great encouragement to me, and has helped me step up. The same baristas that helped train me are now asking me what I'd like them to do. Very cool. What a great group of people I've been blessed with!

Well, that's all for tonight. I think that Sar and I are off to bed, so I bid you adieu.

Jim

No comments: