Of course, just handing a cd to someone doesn't cut it for me. I have to have a professional looking cover, along with a back page with the songlist on it. I've grown quite proud of the mounting collection of mixes and mix covers I've made over the past several years. So I thought, "Why not share some of these covers on the blog?" They're entertaining enough. While sometimes they include an inside joke, usually they simply embody the type of music on the mix or the mood I was in when I made it. So without further ado... well... some ado.

"Ugly" volume one. - I made this for my friend Kirsten I think. Right after I started at the Antlers.

"Pretty" volume one. - Why not?

"Flightless Birds" - I know it's odd to use flying birds for an album called flightless birds. So what?

"Rockness" - This has been easily one of my best mixes. It seems geared to a female audience, who seem to like it more than boys, but the songs rock 100%.

"Evan: Doorman mix" - Made this for Evan when he was a doorman. (It's not a pic of him.)

"Evan: Valet mix" - When he moved on up, I made him a new soundtrack.

"Honesty" - My most recent mix. I listen to this alot.

"Looking for Trouble" Jessie's version - This mix was made with my friends Chad, Joni and Jessica in mind. I then found a picture of a young Jessica on her myspace, and the cover was decided. This is Jessica's version.

"Looking for Trouble" Chad's version

"Looking for Trouble" Joni's version

"Dark Days" volume one - I haven't finished this one yet. It's been over a year since I started it. Sometimes the best things are worth waiting for. And this one is if the cover is any judge of character! I love it.

"Ezra Benjamin" - Made this for Ezra's birthday this year. 12 already! That's Kiah on the cover.

"Stephen Isaac" - Made this for Stephen's birthday. He's 14.

"Laura has the ring" - At the time this was a joke, but now it makes sense.
Well, that's it for now. Hope you enjoyed them!

2 comments:
I'm rather enamored with the font of the Evan one. And for me to be enamored with a font, let us note the tremendous influence you must've wielded over my sense of font taste. But that one, I must say, is font-astic!
I'm such a dil.
Post a Comment