Ow.
Florida University now holds back to back NCAA basketball championships, that sit next to their 2006 NCAA football championship trophy. They are a spectacular school, and have my admiration. I just wish they didn't have to beat my team to do what it is they do so well. Win.
Tonight's championship game was THANKFULLY nowhere near as humiliating as the football championship game was several months ago. In fact, OSU's star player Greg Oden, should've been the player of the game with 25 points and 12 rebounds. Not to mention the fact that he blocked, yes, blocked three dunk attempts. Not something you see every year, and he did it 3 times in one game. One championship game. This guy is total NBA, is 7 foot, leads his team... and he's a freshman... Oi.
All the same, the gators kept hitting the threes, and we didn't. Instead of a humiliation, this was a great game. But Florida proved decisively that they are the best team in the nation. They are the first team to ever win back to back championships with the same starting lineup. And no team has won b2b titles since Duke in 92... so that's not easy either.
What a year though. Our buckeyes go to 2 championship games and lose to the same school, and our Chicago Bears lose in their first superbowl in 20 years. Watch out Cubs! You're doomed to go to the world series and lose!
Anyway. I always say that I bleed Scarlet and Grey. Well... tonight there's alot of those colors all over the floor.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I have the Cubs losing the World Series this year, as it happens.
Also, let me just go ahead and outline my sporting attendance so far in 2007: Super Bowl XLI - I was there, the Bears lose. Wrestlemania 23 - I was there, Shawn Michaels loses. Opening day for the White Sox - I was there, Sox lose.
Screw this year.
Post a Comment