Sunday, July 03, 2005

Apologies and Explanations

Hey all.
So I forgot that my computer existed.

Yeah... right... when hell freezes over.

The truth to the complete and utter silence that has reigned uncontested on my blog as of late is due to several very big things going on in our life. "Well" you would say... "If big things are happening in your life, and you don't write because of that, are you saying that you only write when nothing cool is happening?"

Yes. That is exactly what I am saying.
The majority of my posts in the past are basically me making a big deal out of the many little quirks and funny events that happen in everyday life. If I wrote only when something big, cool and unusual happened, I would post once every couple weeks... sort of like lately...

ANYWAY... on to the news.

Sarah and I have decided to move to Colorado. Our lease is up at the end of July, and we are planning on heading out to Colorado Springs, Colorado in the early weeks of September. For the month of August, we are currently looking for a place to stay, but flying by the seat of our collective pants feels really good right now. I trust that God is looking out for us, and that everything will work out for the best. He is so good to us.

A little background on the decision, and I won't bore you, is that Sarah has always wanted to be adventurous and move away from everything that she has grown up around... to break out and discover a place of her own. I've had the opportunity to move around a bit in my life, and I'm ready to pick up and trailblaze a new chapter in our life together. Colorado Springs provides a great area for jobs for both of us, it has a lower cost of living, and is incredibly beautiful. I have had the opportunity to see the area twice in my life, and look forward to waking up to the majestic view of the rocky mountains every day.

In other news, I have a new manager at my Starbucks. He kicks butt, and will hopefully kick mine enough to transform me into a truly impressive barista before I transfer out to Colorado. I am a good worker, but lack certain skills and information that would make me truly outstanding. I hope to rectify that.

Anyway, I'm tired, so this is all for now. Sorry all. I promise to try to write more in the next few weeks.

Peace!

6 comments:

Jim said...

Holy crap monkeys, Batman!

Sorry, that was just my initial response when I read your post, and I thought I should include it here...

All I can say is that I am proud of you (and the Mrs.) for having dreams and for not being affraid to go after them. You are thinking of making some big changes, (something I did just over eight years ago leaving everything I had ever known and moving to this area to be with Paula) and my best advice is very simple. Make a list of the TRULY important things in your life. Your faith. Your wife. Your iPod (LOL) etc. Find a way to keep all the things on that list as close to you as possible. If your list is safe, no matter where you go, you can be safe.

If anybody I know has the personality and ambition to make such a big change in life and live to tell qabout it, it ismost likely you, Jim. All I can say is gather the things that are close to your heart, and your heart will be happy no matter where you end up. I am sure that through the power of the internet we can keep in touch.

I think if it is what you both want, you SHOULD find a way to make it happen.

A quick "business" note: You might find an employer willing to reimburse part of your relocation (which can be expensive) also keep all receipts associated with your move and starting the new homestead in case there are any tax advantages for next year.

Although it would be odd having you leave town, we will still be able to keep in touch the same way we do now anyway, so for me, I'll be around if you still want to be! All my best to both of you...

JVH

Anonymous said...

Jim... I have nothing to say but I am happy for your decision with sadness:(
It seems Chicago is getting my imaginary hometown...

Anonymous said...

Mom and I have tried our best to always teach you to follow the leading of the Holy Spirit, and you & Sarah seem to be doing just that. How could we possibly be upset with That?

The next steps are to watch for the "reasons" God wants you out there. He doesn't do ANYthing with no purpose at all. It may be for you two to learn something in particular; it may be for you to minister to someone(s); it may just be to fulfill the current desires of your heart/s. Whatever His reasoning, keep your hearts and minds and spirits open to being able to recognize the signals as they make themselves known (with "spider-senses tingling"). DLM

Tammy said...

Hey there Jim,
I just wanted you to know that I am proud of you too. It is a big step and no matter how far away you are you both will always be close to my heart.
TJM

Anonymous said...

we'll miss you something awful and it was once said some time ago....

i hope for a big goodbye from yoyu and wish you the best of luck

James said...

Thanks everybody.
I'll try and post again tomorrow.

I really appreciate your kind words, and your friendship.

Jim