Sunday, January 23, 2005

Vee Come From Visconsin...

Well, here's the lowdown on what's been up with Sarah and I lately...

We just got back tonight from a wonderful little retreat in Wisconsin. We were about 1 hour north of Green Bay at a little camp with members of our small group from church. It was a great time, filled with good conversation, great food, and sledding down the gigantic hill onto the frozen lake in inflatable tubes. Very cool. Literally.

I'm back at our apartment, and Sarah is spending the night at her uncle Jim's place tonight. We're both happy, but a little overloaded from the weekend of "cabin fever" with friends. She has homework, and I work in the morning, so we thought we'd have a little "alone time." I'll miss her tonight, I'm sure, but this will make us appreciate eachother more tomorrow night.

At work, things are going very well. I passed my panel meeting regarding my becoming a Shift Manager with flying colors. My compatriate Mike the Persian did not... strange, but all things work out for good. Turns out that if he would've made it, one of us would've been shipped to a different store for awhile... I don't know which one, but at least I don't have to think about it. By the time that he's "ready" enough for a new panel, we'll have lost a shift manager or two to transfers or promotions, and the situation will be resolved. I start my shift training and pay a week from tomorrow... Very exciting. $1.75 more an hour, plus I have my 6 month revue coming up on February 1st. That should add a few more shekles and pence to my hourly rate. We'll see.

Well, I love you all, and will continue to write as I am able. Thanks for your continued prayers and support in my life.

Jim

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh, Jim, i am so glad that the retreat was good. God is faithful. glad to see you are back on your blog and the link to ezra's sight is a neat idea. love you! mom